For those who follow on my insta stories you will know that before Elsie arrived I started trying to turn our box room into a little nursery for her. Given the fact the room is tiny creating the dream space wasn’t as much a challenge but rather an impossibility! Having said that I am happy with how it’s turned out. Even though Elsie won’t actually be sleeping in it for several months yet (not sure I’ll ever want to let her go into her own room lol), we already spend lots of time in there reading, changing nappies, singing and getting dressed.
I didn’t set out to create an overly stylised room, I wanted a ‘lived in’ comfortable space that felt warm, homely and girly.
I can’t even explain to you just how much Elsie loves this flower mobile created for her by the immensely talented ‘Flower Walls NI’. It totally mesmerises her it’s unreal. She is forever cooing and smiling at it (regardless of what mood she’s in lol).
I also wanted to create a special little place in the room for Ellie. A little way to have her memory present with us always and close to Elsie. It’s directly opposite the chair where I envisage Elsie and I sitting for hours reading books and singing songs. I purposely wanted it there so as Elsie grows we can look up together and take some time to talk about and remember her special twin sister.
I searched for ages for a blind to compliment the room. I wanted something suitable for a nursery but nothing too babyish. Local company All Blinds and Curtains in Lisburn made it really easy and suggested this pink star design which I absolutely love.
We got the majority of our ‘big’ baby stuff over at Kings Baby Shop in Armagh and I hinestly can’t recommend Lisa and the team highly enough. I found this cot over there too – the most perfect shade of grey and nice and neat for such a small room. So many of the cots we saw elsewhere were ginormous and would have totally taken over the room, so I was delighted with this find.
I’m sure I’ll change plenty over the next months (maybe weeks) but for now this is our cosy little space for our baby girl. If you want a better look I’m going to do a little tour on my insta-stories later in the week. All details of products and companies are listed below.
- Grey Cot and changing attachment: Kings Baby Shop Keady/Armagh (www.kingsbabyshop.com)
- Changing Mat: George @ Asda
- Floral wall art ‘E’ AND flower cot mobile: Flower Walls NI (www.instagram.com/flowerwallsni)
- White Shelves: Amazon
- Chest of Drawers: Next
- Handmade Wall Hangings: The Copper Otter
- Window Blind: All Blinds & Curtains Lisburn (www.allblinds&curtains.co.uk)
- Pink Chair: Next
- Personalised ‘ED’ blanket: Everyday Beautiful (www.instagram.com/everydaybeautifuluk)
- Mat: Dunnes (last year)
- Wall Art (Prints and Grey frames): Amazon
- Light Shade: Home Bargains
- Lamp: Ikea
- Library Shelve: TK Max
- Grey Flooring: B&Q (put down by Grandad)
- Ellie’s Shelf: Next
- Personalised ‘Elsie’ and ‘Ellie’ clouds: Cranberry Lime (www.cranberrylime.com)
- Small pink print on Drawers: Brown Paper Packages NI